Monday, February 28, 2011

Dialect Response Cue- Chapter 5

Dialect Response Cue

Chapter 5

1. One question/comment/insight

I think that surrounding yourself with people who are passionate and who are self-aware in what they want to achieve in life is important so that there is support and also new perspectives.

2. How does this relate to your student teaching insight?

This relates to my journey in becoming a teacher and surrounding myself with fellow student teachers. Not only have I developed critical colleges, I have formed new friendships and opened my eyes to new ideas and concepts. Having positive people around me for the last two years has helped me not only stay in this program, but helped me to see that there are people who really care about what we are going to be doing. By creating both these social and professional relationships, I have better been able to plan for my lessons because I have more input about what could work and what wouldn't work, and also have learned that I enjoy reading more (which comes from my room mate) and that I love being outdoors. The last 5 semesters have helped me to become more self-aware because I have surrounded myself with those kinds of people: Those who know who they are and what they want to achieve in their lives, which in turn has helped to do the same for me.

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, provide an example of a critical colleague where it made a difference in something that you did - or that you learned. Include this in your blog. You hit on something really important. . .

    ReplyDelete