Dialect Response Cues
Chapter 3
1. One question/comment/insight
I believe that it is very important for a teacher to see the uniqueness of each individual student in their classroom, and that these differences should drive their planning, along with assessment.
2. How does it relate your student teaching experience?
During my student teaching, I have seen multiple times where my mentor teacher has planned different activities based on different styles of learning. She and I both understand that while planning, we need to think of all the children's' needs and how each child is different. That also helps us to develop more meaningful activities because it allows us to create much more meaningful experiences for our students because we know what they will excel in and what style of learning they may need extra support in. I feel that when a teacher understands that all students are unique and that we need to make sure that we are giving them the support they need to keep that uniqueness.
No comments:
Post a Comment