I'm so excited to see what this semester holds for me and for my fellow student teachers. Let the learning begin!
This is a blog descriping my journey through Student Teaching. You'll see the ups, the downs, the tears, and the laughs. But above all, you'll see my growth in teaching and the joy that this profession gives me.
Monday, January 17, 2011
After my first week...
So, after being at home for 3 weeks on Winter Break, I felt that getting back into the swing of being in a classroom was going to be difficult. However, I found the swing was what I was missing the most from my break. I am in a kindergarten classroom in Tallmadge City Schools. As a matter of fact, I'm in the same classroom I was in during my previous semester. Through the first week, I saw myself as a teacher, not so much as an observer or a field student. I was taking over times of the day and was feeling very confident while doing so. I even took over for a whole day. One issue that I need to continue to work on, however, is time management. I feel that I am getting much better at this in my classroom because I have experienced the way my mentor teacher sets up the day, but I still need to realize that as a teacher, you may not get to everything that you have planned for that day, which is a concept I seem to be struggling with. I realize that as time goes by and I start having more opportunities to take over in the classroom, I will become better at my time management skills. This is a teaching lesson that takes a lot of practice to achieve and is something that I'm excited to succeed in this semester. Another thing that I hope to learn from my student teaching is who I am as a teacher. I feel that so far I am learning a lot more about not only my students, but me as well. I am learning that the more opportunities I have to learn about teaching, the more confident I become not only as a teacher, but also as an individual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment